The new Rising trailer is busy clogging up GameTrailers, and I have to say I am genuinely excited by it.
Why? Because it seems that somebody was reading my Wish List, and decided to listen.
Just look at the list.
1. Change the name to Metal Gear Rising. Check. (YES)
2. Add PlayStation Move functionality. Maybe, probably not.
3. Climbing and big acrobatics. Check.
4. God of War style boss fights. Check.
5. Five new characters. Getting there.
6. A new Metal Gear end boss. Probably.
My main concern was that the game was going to have a shred of dignity. I don’t want that. That’s why changing developers was a great move too. I thought that would be asking too much, that’s why I didn’t put it on my list, but I applaud you Kojima Productions.
Metal Gear Rising always seemed to be flirting with the idea of being a Devil May Cry wannabe, and I’m glad they’ve boldly moved in that direction. You can’t do a half-ass job of being “over-the-top”. You either go all the way, or you don’t go at all. I’m sure this new developer will have no shame making that happen.
“I think it’s time for Jack… To let ‘er rip!!”