I normally wouldn’t feel bad for people who go to major events and experiencing technical issues, but I really appreciate the report given by Eurogamer of the Pokemon Go Fest held by Niantic. It’s dumbfounding how a game event entirely revolving around massive simultaneous connections to game servers could be unprepared, but we see it all the time. People come to the event excited to try out the new features and celebrate a strangely wholesome video game in public, and this is what happens.
Welcome to MetaGearSolid.org
This isn't a typical fansite, trying to act as a central hub for all your Metal Gear needs. We have a ton of thoughtful and original content designed to dig deeper and think harder about this wonderful, puzzling series and its enigmatic creator, Hideo Kojima.
Featured articles remain as sticky posts at the top of the blog, with new posts below. Make sure to check both.
Use the buttons underneath the banner to navigate, add us to your RSS feed, and if you enjoy what you find, drop a link somewhere! (We don't advertise.)
- BOOK UPDATE
- Another interview with OJA, this time on MGS4
- Defense of MGS4 video
- Pokemon Go event has people hunting for connections, not monsters
- DUAL REVIEW: NieR Automata & Breath of the Wild
- Mario Odyssey Meta Commentary?
- What I think of Mario Odyssey’s Theme Song
- Why Mario Odyssey Just Won’t Be Right